Minimum Wage should be $15, but we need a Living Wage $22 AND A UNIVERSAL INCOME!!!!
"If a genuine labor party is organized, its platform will embrace every essential feature a working class program for the deliverance of industrial servitude"
Eugene V Debs
The serious and escalating problems faced by our society on all levels (economic, social, ecological and political) are the inevitable result of the oligarchic system under which the economy is owned by a tiny handful of extremely wealthy people. This class is engaged in a ruthless struggle at the expense of our living standards and democratic rights to preserve its position in the competitive jungle of world Wall Street
The employers and their owned politicians and corporate media talk about the issues as if it were some unsolvable. It is a crisis caused the capitalist economic system. This system was created by human beings and we can get rid of it and build a better society. We must make it our goal to suit needs and aspirations of the great majority of ordinary ordinary people. All it takes is enough of us to want to do it and the will to fight for it. Society must change
The Democratic Socialists are fighting for a socialist society where the basic means of production on which we depend, workplaces: the Chain Stores, the Sweatshops, etc would be owned and controlled by society, not a handful of capitalist Zillionaires. The economy would be run according to a democratically-decided plan which would give priority to people's needs for education and healthcare, for decent housing and a quality of urban infrastructure, for protection of the environment, Work Place Democracy.
Corperate pundits argue that socialism has failed. However, the system that collapsed in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe was a Communist, bureaucratic, Stalinist distortion of socialism. But the brutal "free market" that has replaced it is no less a disaster for the people of these countries. What is needed is a genuine, Democratic Socialist system.
The current attacks on the welfare state are attacks on ordinary people . It will get much worse. In the Third World the situation is already truly horrible. The fundamental alternatives are stark but simple: either the corporrate system continues and drags humanity down with it, or we, the working class and poor can organize and fight for a new Social Democratic society ( A Improved Quality of life and a fair and equitable system.)
The Democratic Socialists are working to build an independent, mass labor/anti poverty party which will be needed if we are going to win the struggle for a decent society. Join us in this fight. We need your help in our election campaigns, grassroots, activism and in the ongoing struggle.
We would like to preserve to good aspects of buiness.
Our issue is not to destroy Capitalism, but tame the capitalist tiger.
The ideological foundation of the our Socialism Social Democratic party is, as might be implied, democratic socialism. Our goal is to liberate people, give them security and provide each and every person with the chance to make decisions regarding her or his own life within the context of responsibility for her or himself, for the community for our nature and the generations to come in a true democracy.
In this way, the Social Democratic ideas stand in diametrical opposition to any form of dictatorship, communism or economic inequality. Above and beyond fulfilling the tenets of these prerequisite values, we are working with three other values, namely: progress, openness and responsibility.
Economic, technological, political and social changes reflect a profound transformation in this world.The socialist answer is unequivocal. It is the people of the world who should exercise control by means of a more advanced democracy in all aspects of life: political, social, and economic. Political democracy, for socialists, is the necessary framework and precondition for all
rights,freedom,and liberties. The ALP is a democratic, multi-issue organization with structure and practices that are truly Democratic Socialist (Reflecting a true Demoracy). ALP members should be involved in the process of transforming our society and promoting new hope for humankind. The ALP demands on all men and women committed to peace and progress to work together in order to translate this hope into reality.On the basis of suitable and humane democratic structures, freedom, equality, security and prosperity can be achieved within the framework of a democratic world society. Democratic socialism is an international movement for freedom, social justice and solidarity. Its goal is to achieve a peaceful world where these basic values can be enhanced and where each individual can live a meaningful life with the full development of his or her personality and talents and with the guarantee of human and civil rights in a democratic framework of society.
All people are represented in an All Inclusive Umbrella with Social Justice!
1.Health Care: State health insurance. All hospitals must be owned by the public and as non-profit organizations.
|Our Principals: Our Progessive Agenda|
2.Education: Quality education for all children and adults. Turning Education for success instead of failure and apartheid.
3.Labor-Creating jobs through public works. Meaningful Jobs as Vista Voluntteers/America First. Increased Protection of workers. 32 hour work week, 6 weeksa paid vacation. National Family Leave.
4.Taxes- A progressive taxe system which gives the poor and working a break. and a reduction of sales taxes and property taxes.
5.Environment-Keeping the land ecologically sound and unpolluted. Support livable and sustainable communities.We support a altrenative energy program.
6. Human Rights- ALL people shall benefit from Human rights. Everyone should have the freedom and liberty a true Democracy.
7.Workers Rights- Workers must have the right to organize. A workers bill of rights for economic and labor democracy.
8.War on Poverty-Install a Livable Universal Income, Living Wage, livable Social Security. Redress for all have been denied dignified lives. The war on poverty shall be taken world wide.
9 Transit- Improved, affordable public transportation State wide and nationally and development for conveinience.
10. Democracy- All people should enjoy the dignities, quality of life, liberty and freedoms afforded by the principals of Democarcy.
11. We demand a foriegn policy that doesn't alienate. We call for an elimination of the Pentagon, CIA, NATO, and all secret governments. We wish to install a depatrtment of peace and diplomacy.
12. We advocate reducing the Negative affects of Capitalism:
(poverty, exploitation of Humans, Nature, and Natural Resources.)
13. Military, we wish to downsize the Military by 3/4 and have our military only protect our national boundries. Foriegn conflicts should only be rsolved by UN Forces.
14. We support the Socialist International and its adherence to Democratic Socialism.
15. We demand free and open elections, public funding of elections. Ballot Access for all Parties in All States.
Free Open and Fair Elctions.
16. We do not work with in any political Parties, but are willing to work with Liberal, Social Democrat, and Democratic Socialist Parties. We will run Candidiates.
Did you know that Places Like Reading PA, Milwaukee WI, San Francisco CA, Bridgetport CT, Schenectady NY, Haverhill MA, Oklahoma City, OK, Haledon NJ, Passaic NJ had Socialist mayors? The SDUSA/SPA has a proud history of electoral politics in the cities. With Great success. They introduced and initiated workers rights, public utilities, crime prevention, a living wage, Industrial democracy and worker safety, health care, improved education, Met the needs of the present and built a future. While most mayors where obeying their bosses, Socialists work for THE PEOPLE.
Private independent businesses, incorporated under the laws of the states in which they operate, established to provide at-cost service, owned by the consumers they serve, governed by a board of directors elected from the membership, which sets policies and procedures that are implemented by the cooperatives? professional staff.
Most co-ops are distribution cooperatives that deliver goods to the consumer. Some are professional Cooperatives, ETC
In addition to service, many co-ops are involved in community development and revitalization projects, e.g., small business and cottage industries development and jobs creation, improvement of water and sewer systems, and assistance in delivery of health care and educational services.
Cooperatives are operated to provide at-cost services to the consumer-owners. On the other hand, investor-owned utilities that are not co-ops are operated to maximize profit for the shareholders. A co-op?s net margin above expenses and reserves does not belong to the utility; it belongs to the individual consumer-owners of the co-op. The margins must either be used to improve or maintain operations, or be distributed to those who use the co-op?s products or services.
All cooperative businesses adhere to seven guiding principles:
1. Voluntary and Open Membership -- Cooperatives are voluntary organizations, open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination.
|Socialism in Hometown USA |
2. Democratic Member Control -- Cooperatives are democratic organizations controlled by their members, who actively participate in setting policies and making decisions. The elected representatives are accountable to the membership. In primary cooperatives, members have equal voting rights (one member, one vote) and cooperatives at other levels are organized in a democratic manner.
3. Members: Economic Participation -- Members contribute equitably to, and democratically control, the capital of their cooperative. At least part of that capital is usually the common property of the cooperative. Members usually receive limited compensation, if any, on capital subscribed as a condition of membership. Members allocate surpluses for any or all of the following purposes: developing the cooperative, possibly by setting up reserves, part of which at least would be indivisible; benefiting members in proportion to their transactions with the cooperative; and supporting other activities approved by the membership.
4. Autonomy and Independence -- Cooperatives are autonomous, self-help organizations controlled by their members. If they enter into agreements with other organizations, including governments, or raise capital from external sources, they do so on terms that ensure democratic control by their members and maintain their cooperative autonomy.
5. Education, Training, and Information -- Cooperatives provide education and training for their members, elected representatives, managers, and employees so they can contribute effectively to the development of their cooperatives. They inform the general public, particularly young people and opinion leaders, about the nature and benefits of cooperation.
6. Cooperation Among Cooperatives -- Cooperatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the cooperative movement by working together through local, national, regional, and international structures.
7. Concern for Community -- While focusing on member needs, cooperatives work for the sustainable development of their communities through policies accepted by their members.
250 original hits
free search engine submission
|American Labor Party|
1267 NE Blvd 26M
Free Search Engine Submission